Baked Portabella with Eggs

July 14, 2015

There are a couple of things in this world that I would go crazy without, or better yet, my stomach would. And that my friends would be portabellas, or mushrooms in general. Ask my friends. Whenever we hit up a burger joint and there's a shroom burger, it's a must order for me. So if you're sucker for shrooms like I am then we're mad cool! If not, then would me telling you that they're also low in calories *wink* *wink* make it a little more convincing for you guys to eat them?

Anywho, the grocery store in my area recently had a huge sale for these mega size portabella caps so you guys could already guess from my mentioning earlier that I grabbed myself a few suckers to last my appetite for the next couple of days.

This is also, surprisingly, my first attempt at trying Baked Portabellas with Eggs, after many long devoted hours spent browsing Pinterest. No regrets because I have no idea what I was thinking not ever having had tried such a quick, simple, and satisfying recipe. Feel free to continue reading if you're interested in whipping some up for yourself.

☞ Ingredients 
◇ 1 large portabella cap
◇ 1 egg
◇ salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil
◇ (optional) cilantro

1. Remove all the "fun stuffs" inside the portabella cap
2. Wipe the portabella clean with a wet cloth to avoid oversoaking
3. Boil the portabella to reduce excess liquid
4. Spread the exterior of the portabella with olive oil
5. Toss in oven at 350F to broil
6. Crack an egg inside the cap
7. Bake at 400F until the egg reaches your desired cook level
8. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste
9. Top with some cilantro if you wish
10. Enjoy!

Bonus Health Guide
Total Calories = 151 kcal*
◇ 1 Portabella Cap (33 kcal)
◇ 1 Egg (78 kcal)
1 Tsp. Olive Oil (40 kcal)

Here, I added about 3/4 cup of blueberries (60 kcal) as a complimentary side!

*disregarding the minuscule calories from salt and pepper, and cilantro because the amount varies for each person

2 comments :

  1. Oh that looks delicious!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete