REVIEW // Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock Lotion

May 29, 2014

This facial sunblock has definitely been my go-to sunblock all year round! Ever since I started using it, I've gradually started to notice that my face would not turn be so quick to turn red as it used to. Even after hours of being under the sweltering sun and sweating like a mad pig, my face would only go so far as to show a slight tint of pink tones on the cheeks and at times it would even remain neutral looking which is the best part!

However, the type of skin you may have is definitely something to always consider when searching for the ideal facial sunblock. Reason being, my sister actually owned this sunsblock lotion prior to giving it to me to use because she felt it didn't quite meet her expectations, to which I then grew to be obsessed with. If your skin tends to secrete an excess amount of oil then I would probably not recommend this product for you because my sister felt that it only made her skin more oily. On the other hand, if you have dry skin like I do, then I would highly recommend this product because it acts as both an excellent source of moisture and protection for your skin.

Both me and my sister must agree though, that the application feels slightly heavier than some sunblocks (depends on whichever you normally use) but that's why they instruct that you apply it 30 minutes before being exposed to the sun. Afterwards, you wouldn't even feel like you're wearing anything on your face which is the beautiful part because you can still apply your usual BB Cream, etc. to your face without having to worry about your face feeling too thick. Moreover, you will definitely notice your skin appearing slightly paler upon immediate application but after the 30 minute duration it should settle properly into your skin and look natural. So even if you applied this during the winter season, you won't look like a complete vampire.

5 comments :

  1. looks amazing! must try it!
    big kiss!

    Leonor
    www.thesparklinglemon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely should if you're on the hunt for a good go-to sunblock lotion and tend to have dry skin like I do (:

      Delete
  2. It's members like you, Peach, who make me dread taking breaks from my blogging life. I will definitely work harder to keep it updated!

    ReplyDelete